Milton Floyd and James Jordan 7/11/2010 Wazee Lake, WI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dragon Eye

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My heart goes out to all the families involved.

Having just moved from the Minneapolis area, I can tell you divers are one big family there. I really wish I had SOME information on at least who or what they were diving. Still waiting to hear from some friends.

The lake is deep- they could of been diving anything from single cylinder, open circuit or rebreather. Someone knows.

Lake wazee is my local dive site. I will try and find out more tomorrow and post it. prayers go out to their families.

I'm from the Twin Cities, and this is one very tight-knit group of people.

I heard the news while at work tonight. My heart sank and I immediately began thinking about all of my friends, and where they were diving at this weekend. Not everyone has been accounted for, which frightens me to no end.

These tragic deaths will be deeply felt within our community, regardless of whether or not we personally knew them. :depressed:

God speed, and heart felt condolences to their family/friends.

A friend texted me to make sure I was OK when she heard this news, since I dive there when I'm not in Lake Superior. I looked into it and wondered if it was anyone I knew. Today I saw the news clip and recognized these guys as I had chatted with them less than a month ago. I remember asking him why he wore that tan hat style hood with velcro around the chin. He said he couldn't stand to wear a regular one. I thought, man, his neck must get really cold since the water temp was 34 degrees at 190 feet. There was another guy with them that was a very heavy set, tall, balding man who was wearing a wetsuit. I'm wondering if he was the third guy who survived? I hope he recovers fully. I know they all dive with doubles and stage bottles. I'm sorry for their families.

Folks I knew. I chatted with Floyd at our LDS just a few days ago.

Deeply sorry to hear of such tragedy.My thoughts will be with friends and family of the victims and the survivor who still has so much to go through.

Back
Top Bottom