Mini Trip Report: Miami Diving +pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dove off North Miami on Sunday with H20 Scuba. We dove the Canyon Reef first, basically a 200ft long trench cut into the flat bottom, about 10-20ft deep, at 70fsw. Nice little current going, and viz was ok at about 50, before the newbies silted it up <sigh>. Still, came across some Goliath Grouper, pretty large Blue Parrot, and what i thought was a sunfish, turned out to be a Black Durgon. Funny thing was I was the only one NOT wearing a wetsuit in the 82f water. Logged 40 mins.

Dive 2 was on the wreck trek, a string of 5 wrecks in a circle with stakes leading you between them. We dropped in on the Miss Patricia, abotu 55ft down, and a nice looking tug, with a few swimthroughs. Then headed off into the distance to the Caroline, some kind of barge sunk in the sand a bit. Current was mild, and so the swim back was a little hard work. We then headed off to the limestone pile in the center to check that out. Logged 30 mins, and got some ok pictures. Great dive op too. Divemaster was very friendly and helpful

http://northfloridadiver.net/media/miamipics.htm

Nice pictures too.

What type of boat is that? She looks Newton-ish from the photo.

Hard to say.

Reminds me of how long it has been since I've dove off of a boat :)

Peter

Glad you had a good dive. Nice report. And you saw a Black Durgon! Awesome. Rare sighting indeed! Haven't seen one here-only in the Bahamas!

The boat was some sort of Island Hopper.

Black Durgon was a guess. You can sort of see it in this pic, but it was in the distance and I couldn't get too close to it.

18140013%20(Small).JPG

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom