Minimum age for NSS cavern

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have a 16 y/o son, PADI Master diver. IMO very stable level headed diver with approx 70 dive's within last 12 months, 8 of those to deeper than 100 feet, and 10 or 15 cavern/wreck penetration dives. He loves Ginnie Springs, and wants to do NSS cavern with me. We just upgraded to Apex Tech gear. Is he old enough to take NSS cavern, and if so does anybody think he's got the qualifications that a NSS instructor would want to see before excepting him?

Thanks in advance for the opinions.

I believe it is an 18yr old min, but don't quote me.

If any agency would push the lower limits it would be Padi, and they are 18 so I am fairly confident in that.

If I recall correctly the minimum age is 18. I think at the instructor's discretion the student can be less than 18 y/o,but is given a conditional status c-card which requires them to dive with an adult. The best thing is to speak to the instructor

My son was 14 when he took the NSS cavern. Pretty sure
it's up to the instructor if they are under 18.

N@rco$i$:
Is he old enough to take NSS cavern, and if so does anybody think he's got the qualifications that a NSS instructor would want to see before excepting him?

Your son meets NSS-CDS minimum age requirements for the Cavern course. You should speak to your instructor about his qualifications for taking the course.

Johnny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom