Misinformation vintage scuba videos from Canada. lol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Lev

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the New England Divers double hose video?I wish people would know what they are talking about.Most of this guys videos are loaded with misinformation.Heaven forbid someone says something. I being from New England knew the owner and founder of New England Divers Jim Cahill.Who was a former UDT in WW2 and Korea.He started New England Divers in 1954 sold it later on in 1970 to Great American Industries.There is still one store left in LA.Bev Morgan never started or owned New England Divers!!! I know why don't I make my own videos.Someday I might.If I do it will be pure facts.What a joke.Jim Deserves better.

Has anyone seen the New England Divers double hose video?I wish people would know what they are talking about.Most of this guys videos are loaded with misinformation.Heaven forbid someone says something. I being from New England knew the owner and founder of New England Divers Jim Cahill.Who was a former UDT in WW2 and Korea.He started New England Divers in 1954 sold it later on in 1970 to Great American Industries.There is still one store left in LA.Bev Morgan never started or owned New England Divers!!! I know why don't I make my own videos.Someday I might.If I do it will be pure facts.What a joke.Jim Deserves better.
How about a link so we can see what you are referring to?

It'll be fun when you guys realize there was a New England Divers on BOTH coasts....not the same shop or owners.

It'll be fun when you guys realize there was a New England Divers on BOTH coasts....not the same shop or owners.
I know that.They sold in 1970.Not one in LA in 1951.maybe three shops than in the whole country.lol

Thanks Mike for watching my videos.
As I have said many, many times while making these videos for the enjoyment of the vintage community, I may well share information that is not totally correct.
Here's a fine example and I appreciate you taking the time to point out some glaring errors.
This episode was about a very unique 2 hose regulator and about the common but not-so-well-known practice of re-branding, a practice that continues even more today.
Errors made about the origins and the names of founders of an old scuba diving company are unfortunate and purely accidental but, they don't detract from the message - old scuba stuff is really interesting!!
Thanks for making the corrections Mike. Perhaps you could be more precise with dates and names in the future. Let's not compound my errors.
If you have more information to share, I'm sure we'd all be happy to hear it - perhaps in a less contentious manner.
And, it would great if you would also start making such videos to contribute to the vintage scuba community. The more the better.
It's a lot of work and costly in time and money (no ads!) so I'm pretty sure you'll probably decide to NOT try.
So, please continue to watch my videos and we welcome your input anytime.
Alec Peirce

Wow. For someone who is most likely wrong, you are awfully sure of yourself. It looks almost certain that the video is referring to the west coast NE Divers, Inc, and NOT to the east coast shop you are trying so hard to protect. Look at the label on the reg he is taking about. It refers to the west coast shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom