Missed deco, helicopter ride - New Jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's great news that he received prompt treatment and he's ok. We need to hear that kind of news more often. :)

Any lessons learned would be helpful and any information you could give as to why deco was skipped or the circumstances leading to the incident would be helpful.

Im in Cape May as well. I know this boat and this diver VERY well. Nothing was exaggerated. I spoke to the diver today and he is doing very well. He was symptomatic - but is fine now. He is a VERY experienced diver and this is a very experienced crew.

Juat like when a 20y/o breaks an arm it isn't a huge deal but a 70y/o does and it can result in a hospital stay...

Old people* are fragile.

*I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Juat like when a 20y/o breaks an arm it isn't a huge deal but a 70y/o does and it can result in a hospital stay...

Old people* are fragile.

*I mean that in the nicest possible way.

He is no ordinary 70 year old...he still dives the Doria on a pretty regular basis. Ive been to 240 with him in the last few years.

He is no ordinary 70 year old...he still dives the Doria on a pretty regular basis. Ive been to 240 with him in the last few years.
Not saying he is ordinary or not.

Just stating what everyone thinks of when they here 70y/o.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom