Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do you have a non-Facebook link for the information? or copy paste the details here.

From facebook:
ANY EXPERIENCED DIVERS AVAILABLE TO DIVE THIS SATURDAY?

Jeff Pauze has provided the following comment. Please post publicly here if you are.

If anybody’s available to dive Saturday we have boats available and would like to put Diver’s in upstream of the site and drift into it at about 160 to 180.

Jeff

My understanding is that it is up to 220 ft deep

If they're looking in the north channel, it will be problematic. It is to 200+ feet & there is a reverse current near the bottom, from my experience.

That sounds about like it. Last I heard described was "a bowl" at 200ft where currents could be pushing down or around. They have had plenty of divers on the wall around that area. But understandably limited to who can check those depths. If you or others you know are capable, there is a Facebook group. Several businesses are offering free hotel stays, boats to get out, hot meals etc to anyone that can help.

The 250’ bowl has been well searched, same with the north wall and the south wall from 140 up to 90’. We did a good search pattern from the crash site today.

Next up are some sidescan hits in the vicinity of where the boat capsized.

Lots more work to be done. :(

Thank you for the update. Vis still less than desirable or has it cleared up some?

Will be heading that way Sunday.

Thank you for the update. Vis still less than desirable or has it cleared up some?

Will be heading that way Sunday.
It’s less than desiresble.

Today from 110ft-150ft and west of the narrow section where most of the searching has taken place it was like 10’ and hazy, probably 2kt current.

I'm teaching freediving the next couple days, but I'm free this week if more divers are needed. Jeff and Ben were in contact with me last week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom