Missing Diver at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you under the impression that training only happens in a class?
Hardly. However, the statistics on training that occurs at Dutch Springs would likely support the conclusion that the majority of it occurs in a formal class environment.

Hardly. However, the statistics on training that occurs at Dutch Springs would likely support the conclusion that the majority of it occurs in a formal class environment.

About 70,000 dives per year.

About 20 deaths in 20 years.

1/70,000 sounds quite 'reasonable' given that about 40-50,000 of those dives are done by non-OW certified divers.

I am sure if Dutch Springs provided the number of divers visiting the park, against the number of times an ambulance was called, the percentage would be much lower than dive/incident outside the park. Not sure we will ever know the underlying issue for this incident.

In my experience, Dutch does much better than others to keep their park safe. They get lots of criticism while doing a good job and offering a safe place to dive. Oh well, we are in a Free Speech society.

I am sure if Dutch Springs provided the number of divers visiting the park, against the number of times an ambulance was called, the percentage would be much lower than dive/incident outside the park. Not sure we will ever know the underlying issue for this incident.

In my experience, Dutch does much better than others to keep their park safe. They get lots of criticism while doing a good job and offering a safe place to dive. Oh well, we are in a Free Speech society.
I totally agree with you and I have over 300 dives at Dutch Springs..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom