Missing Diver at Lake Pleasant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Special rules of the Accidents and Incidents Forum - Please Read

Originally Posted by Rick Murchison
The purpose of this forum is the promotion of safe diving through the examination and discussion of accidents and incidents; to find lessons we can apply to our own diving.
Accidents, and incidents that could easily have become accidents, can often be used to illustrate actions that lead to injury or death, and their discussion is essential to building lessons learned from which improved safety can flow. To foster the free exchange of information valuable to this process, the "manners" in this forum are much more tightly controlled than elsewhere on the board. In addition to the TOS:

(1) You may not release any names here, until after the names have appeared in the public domain (articles, news reports, sheriff's report etc.) The releasing report must be cited. Until such public release, the only name you may use in this forum is your own.
(2) Off topic posts will be removed and off topic comments will be edited.
(3) No flaming, name calling or otherwise attacking other posters. You may attack ideas; you may not attack people.
(4) No trolling; no blamestorming. Mishap analysis does not lay blame, it finds causes.
(5) No "condolences to the family" here. Please use our Passings Forum for these kinds of messages.
(6) If you are presenting information from a source other than your own eyes and ears, cite the source.
(7) If your post is your hypothesis, theory, or a "possible scenario," identify it as such.
(8) If your post is about legal action that concerns a mishap, use the Scuba Related Court Cases forum.
Thanks in advance,
Rick
It is important for us as a community to assess and discuss diving accidents and incidents as a means of preventing them. However, once emotions are involved, intelligent discussion becomes next to impossible. If the moderators feel that the discussion is getting out of hand in any thread they may close or remove the thread, with or without notice.
Uncle Pug

Bolded emphasis added.

(5) No "condolences to the family" here. Please use our Passings Forum for these kinds of messages.
All of the condolences will be moved to a separate thread in Passings once there is a resolution.
If the moderators feel that the discussion is getting out of hand in any thread they may close or remove the thread, with or without notice.
So far it hasn't.

accident discussion is very important for the dive community without it we learn nothing but when we guess without the fact's people can jump to conclusions or make hurtful comments without meaning to. I have no more comments on this matter.

Really? We were sent off in buddy teams. Of course, it was a max 12' depth and a shore dive. We would have had to go about 1/2 mile to get deeper.

I was the only student so got extra attention. He stayed with me, though. Didn't have me swim off by myself.

I was the only student so got extra attention. He stayed with me, though. Didn't have me swim off by myself.

And I did all the navigating, he just swam along. Maybe he doesn't accompany the student every time, but it was a damn hot humid Texas day and it was just too hot NOT to be in the water :)

All of the condolences will be moved to a separate thread in Passings once there is a resolution.

Do we need to vote or do you mean a resolution among mods?

I agree, this thread is no place for family members. They need warm fuzzies now, which is what the Passings forum is for.

No vote needed, that is longstanding policy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom