• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Missing Diver at Lake Pleasant

Discussion in 'Accidents & Incidents' started by scubajcf, Oct 16, 2010.

1. divecommunity

divecommunity Guest

2. F150Marine

F150Marine Registered

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I have thought a lot about the incident and what could have caused it. At least with dive gear there will be many clues as to how it could have happened. Air remaining, punctioned PCD, worn parts and the data in the computer.

What I would like to see is a large NON-shop dive group. I think this would be great for Arizona and would love to be part of it. A great topic would be to discuss the ways this could have happened, how to prevent it and learn from it. I know if this ever happened to me I would want others to be able to learn from it. If there is a NON-dive shop group I would love to be part if it, please post details.

I hate hearing about this death and fear any restrictions that are made on us in the future without looking at the actual cause.

Just my thoughts go out to the family and to the boat they went out on. :(

3. Jax

Jax Deplorable American ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Yeah, this is one that is just permeated with misfortune. :depressed:

4. Dive-aholic

Dive-aholic Dive Shop

# of Dives:
    This isn't completely accurate. I'm part of a non-LE organization that handles all recoveries/rescues because most LE divers are not trained or capable of performing the recoveries we do. These recoveries occur in caves and to depths beyond recreational limits. IUCRR

5. mudchick

mudchick Solo Diver

I think that this unfortunate incident should be discussed for learning opportunities at some point in the future but without more information (experience of the diver, the equipment he was using, what his computer might have to tell us on his recovery, how much weight he was carrying on his bc, etc.) it is premature to discuss it in this way beyond pure news information gathering. The longer this goes on the harder it is on everyone, the searchers, the family and friends and everyone else concerned here. Just my $.02. Please don't flame.

6. Jax

Again, perhaps it should be moved to Accidents and Incidents for which just this sort of discussion was created.

7. diversteve

diversteve always tired Rest in Peace ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

agreed...

8. NeptunusRex

NeptunusRex Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I just hope they find him so the family can have some closure. I know of other people have have gone missing in this lake and the body never recovered. I've gone swimming/boating in LP tons of times but never dove it. Does the vis ever get better than 10ft?

9. dbramley

dbramley Solo Diver

Yeah, we have seen viz in the 40+ foot range at certain times of the year

10. Jax

Rob, how wide-spread is IUCRR? While I can imagine a large contingent around the Florida cave systems due to the specialty diving, where else are the 'pockets' of IUCRR divers?