Missing Diver - Grand Cayman Sept 21, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
From: Cayman Islands - Cay Compass News Online - Search on for missing diver

A multi–agency search operation was under way Monday off Cayman’s North Wall for a diver who went missing.

The 911 Emergency Communications Centre received a call from a staff member of Divers Down at the Treasure Island Resort at 9.40am reporting that a diver had gone missing on a boat dive at Eagle Ray Path, North Wall, just outside the Main Channel.

A search operation commenced involving private dive boats, Department of Environment boats, Marine Unit craft Tornado and Defender as well as the Cayman Islands Helicopters aircraft.

The Marine Unit dive team has also carried out a search of the area.
The search has so far not turned up anything.

Police said the man was last seen at around 9.20am when the group was ascending at the end of a dive. He has not been seen since.

The man is described as wearing a short black wet suit with grey trim and a tank with a yellow top. All boats in the area are asked to look out for the diver and call 911 or the Port Authority if they spot anything. Officials will continue searching the area throughout the day.

hate to hear this kind of thing
Pray for a positive outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of the news report on the radio at 5:15 local time, the missing diver has yet to be located. The only new information is that the missing man is a 60 year old diver from Las Vegas, name is still being withheld at this point.

Thoughts go out to the friends and family.

Thoughts and prayers are with the missing diver and their family.

Again, praying for the missing diver....

Pray for a positive outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers for the family

My thoughts and prayers go out to the diver and his family. I sure hope this thread has a happy ending. :depressed:

I hope they find him soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom