Missing from the Scubapro Timeline?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NotSure

Contributor
Reaction score
Just found these on that large auction site and was wondering if anyone had seen these regulators before.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Early 60's Mk1. Looks like it's in great condition.

It looks like a MK1 or 5 someone has placed a MK2/3 cap on. A MK1 had a lp port on the end of the cap. I'd be interested in seeing more pictures.

It also appears to have a heavy yoke-not common on the MK1

Could be a 108 second. I can't tell if there is a knob under the hose.

That is the original Mk-1. Scubapro tried to do an 100% recall, but obviously some were not returned.

I own one myself and it has a very interesting balanced flow-by piston design. It has a bad design issue and it should not be used for diving. I can explain later.

It is an interesting conversation piece, if you are into regulator designs. Let me know if you are interested on selling it. Please PM me. That one is much better shape that the one I have. It is too bad that the warranty card doesn't have a date.

I can post pictures of the inside later.

At this point, Scubapro doesn't seem to "be aware" that it ever existed, but we have plenty of copies of the 1962 and/ or 63 catalogs were it is shown.

The second stage is just the original 108.

That is the original Mk-1. Scubapro tried to do an 100% recall, but obviously some were not returned.

I own one myself and it has a very interesting balanced flow-by piston design. It has a bad design issue and it should not be used for diving. I can explain later.

It is an interesting conversation piece, if you are into regulator designs. Let me know if you are interested on selling it. Please PM me. That one is much better shape that the one I have. It is too bad that the warranty card doesn't have a date.

I can post pictures of the inside later.

At this point, Scubapro doesn't seem to "be aware" that it ever existed, but we have plenty of copies of the 1962 and/ or 63 catalogs were it is shown.

The second stage is just the original 108.

Luis, you have an amazing memory. Now that you mention it, I made the same MK1/MK5 mistake a few years ago, and you patiently provided a detailed history lesson with pictures and a clear explanation of the original MK1's workings.

See the link below.

MK5 = Mk1 + turret.

Thanks for both links.

The eBay price is more than I would spend... even with the box. I am just glad I have one. It not as nice, but it is mechanically and functionally what I wanted to see.

Couv,
That link shows some internal pictures. That is what I was hoping to show.
My memory is not always that amazing... but I do have a special interest on some of the odd regulators and other interesting dive gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom