Missouri Cave Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hodg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Long time lurker, first time poster!

I just got my Intro to Cave cert and was wondering if there are any good options for cave diving in Missouri. Any recommendations for dive sites OR shops would be most welcome. I live in Chicago, so it'd be great if I could dive in the area instead of going all the way to Florida.

Thank you!

It's an older post, but it checks out:
Missouri Cave Diving

Anecdotally, friends of mine (also Chicago-area cavers) have indicated that the Missouri visibility and current conditions are often more challenging for newer divers than what one finds in northern Florida.

Send me a pm and I’ll give you the local sphiel. There’s some pretty stellar caves in MO.

Dewdropsonrosa may not have given you the recommendation you want to hear,but Missouri caves are going to be a lot more different than what you trained in, and depth can get very deep quickly, also conditions are very variable. I know it is a long drive to Florida,but you will get the type of dives and bottom time you need before moving into something a less entry level than what you see in Missouri. If you feel absolutely compelled, make sure to hook up with some with a lot of experience there, because there are many consideration from not only the caves themselves, exposure protection, weighting etc, that is so much different than Florida.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom