Mistake in TDI standards? (Adv. Trimix Instructor)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElBacio

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello,

I suppose there is a mistake in TDI standard (v9) for Adv. Trimix Instructor. On page 36 it is written at point 10.3 "Any active TDI Trimix Instructor Trainer may teach this course", while I suppose it should be "Any active TDI Advanced Trimix Instructor Trainer may teach this course".

In my opinion the word "Advanced" is missing.

Regards,

El Bacio

Hello,

I suppose there is a mistake in TDI standard (v9) for Adv. Trimix Instructor. On page 36 it is written at point 10.3 "Any active TDI Trimix Instructor Trainer may teach this course", while I suppose it should be "Any active TDI Advanced Trimix Instructor Trainer may teach this course".

In my opinion the word "Advanced" is missing.

Regards,

El Bacio

I am looking at the latest standards in the member's area of the website... cannot find the mistake you are talking about.

Which document are you reading? I have 2009 standards (Revision 9) open and page 36 has point 9.3 (not 10.3) and the wording is "Any active TDI Advanced Trimix Instructor may teach this course."

And as you suggest, this is in fact the standard.

Which document are you reading? I have 2009 standards (Revision 9) open and page 36 has point 9.3 (not 10.3) and the wording is "Any active TDI Advanced Trimix Instructor may teach this course."

I am talking about Adv. Trimix _INSTRUCTOR_ course, not Adv. Trimix Diver.

Regards,

El Bacio

I am talking about Adv. Trimix _INSTRUCTOR_ course, not Adv. Trimix Diver.

Regards,

El Bacio

Whoops... Now I see it. Apologies. I have let the training department know... the mix-up is likely because we only have one level of IT for trimix... but I can see the confusion.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom