Mistake on test material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reflected isn't the same as refracted. I don't think a question about photography belongs on an OW test in any agency. To me it indicates a need to improve the book to make it more relevant.

On the second question what I think they're getting at might be that the GAS EXCHANGE in the lungs isn't affected by density, although the work of breathing (which is literally how I would read the question) clearly is. I think you got that question right.

R..

Lenses refract the light.

That is obvious but I don't think that focusing was the main upshot of the topic, especially in the age of autofocus cameras.

Photography is all about gathering light reflected from our subject, whether we utilize ambient sunlight or artificial light or both. This is the primary objective, (along with composition) of UW photography. We can control how much reflected light the camera receives by A. Shooting in sunnier locations. B. Adding artificial light. C. Adjusting aperture D. Adjusting shutter speed. E. Adjusting film/ISO speed.
I think this is what the question was hinting at.

You got 22 wrong. The book states that increased air density increases the effort required to exchange air in the lungs. This is a factual statement.

#22 states that increased air density DECREASES the effort required to exchange air in the lungs. That statement is false.

They took a line, word for word from the book, changed one word, and it becomes false on the test. The idea is that you understand the concept, not just copy the book.

I would say you have a case for #43. It appears they are using the words interchangeably when they are simply not interchangeable. In your case I would say your answer is correct, and the book is wrong.

I chose FALSE on that question but it was marked wrong. And yes, I do understand the concept as well.

Ahhh good. Posted from my phone so I definitely misread the picture. Glad you’re correct!

The problem with the photography question that renders it ambiguous is that there is no modifier for "reflected." Reflected by what? One might, as the OP did, assume it means reflected by the subject because in photography it's common to consider light reflected by a subject. Lenses and water refract light, so that is also correct, but the question did not specify.

This is one reason I detest online courses. I want an instructor there.

Back
Top Bottom