Mixing whip components

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meister481

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm building my own mixing whip and I'm thinking there has to be a cheaper DIN/bleeder $39 assembly and flow control $39 assembly than I've found so far. Anyone have a good supplier? The one I'm bulding is modular using quick connects so it can be used with my booster and inert gasses as well as oxygen.

I've only found them for $40 a pop as well and I'm told the price is going up. If you are a reseller for Dive Rite or Global, you can get them at dealer cost. I don't know who else makes them.

Where?

Meister481:
Mc master-carr

Oh~~ that one. :wink: I thought you have a different source.

Good luck....

It is very useful stuff..

The dwyer is supposed to be better, not sure how much better, but it costs $50 more.

It's sad, bought the compressor and Haskel before I even started worrying about the whip.... I'm just silly.

Meister481:
The dwyer is supposed to be better, not sure how much better, but it costs $50 more.

It's sad, bought the compressor and Haskel before I even started worrying about the whip.... I'm just silly.

When I built mine, there was on-going debate on the accuracy about Mcmater digital one. But, the price was very attractive, $99. They jacked up the price within 16 month though.

So, if money isn't the issue, I recommend going with dwyer one.

BTW, will you come to BS on April 21th..?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom