Closed Mixing Whip

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tekdvr2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Up for sale is a mixing whip for making Nitrox or Helium based diving gases.
Can also be used for trans filing Argon.
This whip does NOT use any type of quick disconnect fittings.
Gas end of whip consists of a DIN male, followed by a WIKA 4” analog 5000 psi gauge.
Next is a needle valve to control gas flow, followed by a digital (Dwyer DPG111) 5000 psi gauge for accurate readings. An 8’ stainless hose for convenient fills from source gas to scuba cylinders. The fill end is DIN with a twist type bleeder.
All tees are Swagelok stainless steel. The 8’ hose is from NE SCUBA Supply. All fittings and hose were o2 cleaned with Simple Green Crystal.
Also included are......
1 (one) CGA540 (O2) hand tight adapter to Female DIN
1 (one) CGA580 (He) hand tight adapter to Female DIN

I’m also throwing in 4 books.....
Vance Harlows Oxygen Hacker’s Companion (4th addition)
Technical Guide to Gas Blending Nicos Raftis
TDI Decompression Procedures
TDI Advanced Nitrox Diving

Tanks in pics not included.
Item located in Crook County, Illinois.

Questions gladly answered.
Sold as is!
$450.00
Shipping to US only!
Transaction via PayPal only!
thumbnail_IMG_0384.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0385.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0387.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0388.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0391.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0392.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0394.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0398.jpg

WARNING: Handling high pressure oxygen can result in injury, death and/or property damage.

DANGER: Risk of explosive force contained in highly compressed gases.
Oxygen is an oxidizer capable of accelerated combustion.
Breathing contaminated, inappropriate mixtures or NOT observing dive limits of a mix can kill you.

SAFETY: It is highly recommended that you take or have taken a class from an agency that teaches Partial Pressure Gas Mixing. It is also assumed that you are certified to dive the mixtures you will making.

You need to be prepared to accept the risk, to use your system properly, and be aware of the consequences of failure.

Seller is not responsible for the use of this equipment!
SOLD AS IS!

Any chance you'd split out the AN/ DP books, or maybe the new buyer would? I'd like to get my hands on the set at some point.

Thanks!

Any chance you'd split out the AN/ DP books, or maybe the new buyer would? I'd like to get my hands on the set at some point.

Thanks!
Not at this time.

Did not get PM try again.

I tried sending another. Maybe PM isn't the correct terminology for this forum. I started a "conversation" with you. If you don't get it we can figure everything out in this post. I'm interested in buying the whip, but would like to know if you remember what brand the needle valve is?

Thanks!

If splitting things up is of interest to @tekdvr2, or whoever's interested in buying the whip, I'd be interested in the gas blender and oxyhacker books, to account for everything listed :D

Sold 04/14/2020

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom