Mk11 change over from Yoke to Din

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowDrag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a pair of Mk11 1st stages that I want to convert to Din. Is this something that a mechanically inclined person can do themselves or is this something I should have done by a reg tech?

Thanks

You will need the appropriate tools from SP and the appropriate information from SP also. Why not have the store that is going to sell you the DIN fitting do it for you for few $ and save yourself the headache?

You will need the appropriate tools from SP and the appropriate information from SP also. Why not have the store that is going to sell you the DIN fitting do it for you for few $ and save yourself the headache?

I figured that was pretty much the answer I was going to get but I wanted to check anyway. I don't mind having them do it but if I can do it myself just as easy without having to buy a tool then why not right? It probably wouldn't cost very much to have my LDS do it anyway.

You will need to get a 1" thin-wall socket to take the yoke nut off. I think they're about $35 from scubatools.com. And you should use a torque wrench when you put the yoke nut on to switch to yoke or when you mount the DIN adapter. The torque spec. is something like 22 ft. lb. So it is easily doable by the mechanically inclined, but like everything when working on regs there are specialized tools required.

I have a pair of Mk11 1st stages that I want to convert to Din. Is this something that a mechanically inclined person can do themselves or is this something I should have done by a reg tech?

Thanks

Dear LowDrag,

Thank you for choosing SCUBAPRO. We recommend you have this done at an Authorized Dealer, and like the other folks have said it will probably save you time and money as well.

Happy Diving!

kateSCUBAPRO

Nevermind ....

Back
Top Bottom