Mk17/G250V or Zeagle Flathead VI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Acanthastrea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I'm newly certified and now on the quest for my own SCUBA gear. I've spent a lot of time searching for a regulator and have narrowed it down to two.

Mk17/G250V or Zeagle Flathead VI

It seems I would be safe buying either but I wouldn't mind hearing from owners.
I was pretty set on Scubapro but the closeout price on the Zeagle is so tempting.

Thanks in advance!

Just IMO, but the Zeagle is a bit newer tech. The Mk17/250 is a tried and true design however.

FWIW, I just ordered a Zeagle FH-7 for a killer price with their 30% off promo

You can't go wrong with either reg.
If you are looking for even more of a bargain and will not be diving in sub 50 waters then you should also consider these:
Apeks XTX 20
Zeagle Envoy
AquaLung LX
....you won't notice any performance loss and will save a couple of bucks.

I suppose I'm just trying to weigh price vs. international service if need be.
Is there any evidence to suggest one has freeflowed more than the other?

Will you be living for extended periods at different locations around the world? If this is the case them you'll need your reg serviced by the indigenous resort/shop at your locale.....get a Sherwood.
If you will be based in the US and spending short times in exotic locations then get the most reliable reg you can find with good home town support.
Any of the mentioned regs have the reliability bit covered, it's up to you to do your research as to the latter.

Makes perfect sense. The only time I'll be out of the US for an extended time period is when I go to Australia for study abroad. Would carrying around a Zeagle parts kit be an acceptable way to get my regulator serviced if need be while in Australia?

It wouldn't hurt to have a service kit for each stage.....however these regs are as bullet proof as they come and should easily go 2/3 years without a full service, give them a good disassembly and lube every year and you'll get 5 years out of them.....assuming average use.

Back
Top Bottom