Mk17and Sb600 thread questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I've been a diver since 2011.
stopped diving for 1.5 years.
Just dived yesterday. Only to realised that my hoses need replacing. yes.. never changed them since 2011!

Im diving with an MK17 and sb600 with an air2. Im also using a Scubapro aluminum BPW. I dive only tropical. I live in the Philippines .

Im planning to buy from divegearexpress.com but im not very familiar with the threads...

Planning to use a 40in for my primary regulator. with an angled swivel attached to the 1st stage and a multi directional swivel to the 2nd stage. hose is routed to the underarm.

1.) what is the LP thread on the 1st stage? on the 2nd stage?
2.) what is the HP thread for the spg?

Will be using Miflex Xt-tech hoses.

hoses from 2011 aren't that bad if they're rubber

That said, they use standard threads, so you only have to worry about LP and HP hoses. The AIR2 may have a custom quick disconnect hose, or it may have a regulator hose screwed into an adapter. Will need one of these
DGX Adapter: LP Reg Hose = BC Integrated 2nd Stage

hoses from 2011 aren't that bad if they're rubber

That said, they use standard threads, so you only have to worry about LP and HP hoses. The AIR2 may have a custom quick disconnect hose, or it may have a regulator hose screwed into an adapter. Will need one of these
DGX Adapter: LP Reg Hose = BC Integrated 2nd Stage

I was going to add an Omni swivel on the 1st stage LP port and a Omni multi direction swivel on the 2nd stage. Is it a 3/8in Port? and a 9/16in On the s600??
Sorry looking at the Omni page swivels.. they do make different size threads.

I can do the work.. im just not use to English Threads.

Noted on the Air2. I think i've got that already.

@LanceRiley they will be called out as first stage or second stage swivel. For single tank diving there isn't much of a benefit with the first stage swivel, so I would just go with the second stage port

ok is it a 9/16? on the sb600?
i wanted a downward swivel on the 1st stage. that way it routes easily under the arm.

@LanceRiley with miflex hoses you shouldn't need the swivel. It will still have to make almost the same bend but instead of down, it will be out away from the center of the tank.

This is for the second stage side swivel
OmniSwivel LP 2nd Stage: 9/16-Inch F = 9/16-Inch M

and for the first stage swivel
OmniSwivel Pivot-Swivel, LP 1st Stage: 3/8-Inch M = 3/8-Inch F
this one has a 1/4" extension which is probably a good idea since the mk17 is pretty small
OmniSwivel Pivot-Swivel, LP 1st Stage: 3/8-Inch M = 3/8-Inch F w/1/4-Inch Extension

@LanceRiley with miflex hoses you shouldn't need the swivel. It will still have to make almost the same bend but instead of down, it will be out away from the center of the tank.

This is for the second stage side swivel
OmniSwivel LP 2nd Stage: 9/16-Inch F = 9/16-Inch M

and for the first stage swivel
OmniSwivel Pivot-Swivel, LP 1st Stage: 3/8-Inch M = 3/8-Inch F
this one has a 1/4" extension which is probably a good idea since the mk17 is pretty small
OmniSwivel Pivot-Swivel, LP 1st Stage: 3/8-Inch M = 3/8-Inch F w/1/4-Inch Extension

Thanks! yes. i think the 1/4in extension seems like a good idea..

there's also a miflex XT-Tech hose.. after the kevlar, they have another cover that makes it less abbrasive. have you heard of this? any good? since it's routed under the arm. i have a bit of concern that it's gona keep on rubbing my inner arm. i dive with a sharkskin sleeveles. most of the time.... the advantage of tropical waters lol

Remember that the regulator is in the middle of the tank so the hose has to go out towards the edge of your body. If it comes straight out as normal, it has to bend down to go under your shoulder. If you put the elbow on it, it has to bend out to get around your body. The bend radius will be about the same with either option

Remember that the regulator is in the middle of the tank so the hose has to go out towards the edge of your body. If it comes straight out as normal, it has to bend down to go under your shoulder. If you put the elbow on it, it has to bend out to get around your body. The bend radius will be about the same with either option

ok noted will think about it. It will save me a lot!

what about the 2nd stage.? some advised a 70degree Swivel by DGX. Rather than the multi direction of the OMNI. price difference is staggering!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom