Mk2 R190

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekkie

Reaction score
For those of you who use this regulator what is the deepest you have ever taken it? And how did it preform at depth?
Thanks!
Tekkie

I use mine for deco tanks. I've used the system down about 100', but I would not use it as a primary regulator.

MD

Tekkie once bubbled...
Would you ever use it any deeper MD?
Tekkie

Not unless I had no choice. I mean, its a very good regulator, but does not breathe like the top end SPs that I use. It won't fail by any means, but the WOB is too high for deep stuff IMO.

MD

I use one on my pony. I have tested it for a few breathes as low as 120' and never had a problem. Not quite as easy as the higher end SP models, but gave me plenty of air.

It's the only reg I've ever owned, attached to a mk5 1st. I've had it around 120-130 and have always noticed some resistance at depth. However, I've recently adjusted it after being dissatisfied with the work done on it by dive shops and believe this reg will be just fine now. I used to dive in cold water (38 deg.) and ocasionally would get Ice flakes hitting the back of my throat but it never free flowed. There's a thread by me "old Scubapro..." from a week ago with adjustment tips and a discusion about the 190 performance.

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom