mk2+ r295

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bertiebasset

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone just brought a mk2 + r295 fully serviced for an unspeakable price no octo tho was hoping to get a r 190 but failed on the auction any ideas I know this is simple piston simple second but what are my options for an octo thanks you brainy people that's why i love this forum

---------- Post added August 13th, 2013 at 06:50 PM ----------

Ps rec diving 30 mtrs max average Finnish temps 16c

Nothing wrong with a MK-2, there is a darn good reason they have been around for so long, they work. If it were me, I would consider an alternative approch. What you have to understand is the vast majority of the preformance of a regulator is determined by the second stage, the first actually has little to do with it. I would find a good balanced second stage, use that as my primary and use the R295 as my octo. My main concern would be water temp, the MK-2 is not the best choice for cold water use. About 10c is where I would start to consider a differnet reg.

I love my MK-2 but the R295 leaves a little to be desired.

I have no problem using R295 Octo's because they're easy to tune not to free-flow. However, I'd personally go for a better breathing balanced reg like a G260 or S600.

I agree with herman. Use a balanced second for your primary and use your 295 as your Octo. Since you seem to be in the used market, get a G-250 instead of a G-260. I can sell you one if you can't find one on EBay - $60 tuned with metal adjustment knob, new seat and o-rings.
If you can tell me what the IP of your Mk2 is, I can tailor it for best cracking effort.

Last edited:
Thanks guys and at rslinger 9.5bar ip would like that do you have PayPal so could send you some cash and think about postage to FI would be very grateful for the work and time you have spent thanks to Herman too you guys are amazing don't know how i lived without scubaboard

---------- Post added August 14th, 2013 at 08:44 PM ----------

And tpylons thanks

---------- Post added August 14th, 2013 at 08:45 PM ----------

Oops rsingler typo

---------- Post added August 14th, 2013 at 08:47 PM ----------

12 hours at work today

---------- Post added August 14th, 2013 at 08:56 PM ----------

@ Herman not sure my suit is upto below 10 c so will keep out of the baltic until its above thanks funny that one YouTube vid from a supplier of scubapro quotes the mk 2 + as cold water use I knew this wasnt the case

---------- Post added August 14th, 2013 at 09:01 PM ----------

137.78 psi 9.5 bar

Back
Top Bottom