MNL Or CEB Based Dive Clubs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonnieB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anyone recommend any Manila or Cebu based dive clubs? I often find myself traveling alone and would like to find some other divers to join in group trips so as to take advantage of group pricing.

PS: Or Philippine Diver FB groups.

Can anyone recommend any Manila or Cebu based dive clubs? I often find myself traveling alone and would like to find some other divers to join in group trips so as to take advantage of group pricing.

PS: Or Philippine Diver FB groups.

Philippine Paradise Divers on Facebook you would probably find groups for weekends if you are heading down to Anilao.

Have quite a social resort too in Anilao where all our guests dive together, and don't charge extra for single Divers.

Can check us out at was.blueribbondivers.com

Is this the same Blue Ribbons used to be based in Small La Laguna?

I'm not aware of any really formal dive clubs around Southern Manila. It seems like the closest to dive clubs are just the social circles... Friends who dive together.

But I think it could be a really good thing to try to bring local divers together in some way (beyond PH Paradise Divers here on SB).

I will do my best to post, in advance, when my group is going out and to where. I have a small group of divers and non-divers. Some are regulars at our local bar, the rest are regulars of our usual dive location. Divere with certs from OW, AOW, EANx, and some are DMs and DIs. A good social group too. I will try to share.

I'm not aware of any really formal dive clubs around Southern Manila. It seems like the closest to dive clubs are just the social circles... Friends who dive together.

But I think it could be a really good thing to try to bring local divers together in some way (beyond PH Paradise Divers here on SB).

I will do my best to post, in advance, when my group is going out and to where. I have a small group of divers and non-divers. Some are regulars at our local bar, the rest are regulars of our usual dive location. Divere with certs from OW, AOW, EANx, and some are DMs and DIs. A good social group too. I will try to share.
It seems odd with the number of divers in the Philippines that there aren't formal non-commercial dive clubs in Manila/Cebu for both meetups between dive trips and taking group dive trips to avail the members group pric8ng from dive resorts and liveaboard operators.

I did find some FB Groups that are Philippine based but don't know yet if they meet-up in the real world and take group dive outings.

Oh I completely agree. In the Philippines, Facebook reigns supreme. So much so that many (most?) business have only Facebook pages, not real websites, and even their FB pages are not well updated. As connected as PH is, it's not Connected at the same time, if that makes sense?

^ Exactly! Facebook rules in the Philippines. Messenger is better than having a phone number. It works well. I am in contact with so many people in the Philippines with this method.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom