MO cave fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre:
From what I understand, he was -not- teaching during this accident.

If the information that I gathered on the accident was actually true to the fact, then I personally am relieved to hear that the instructor is allegedly loosing his instructor cert.

However that judgement is based only on the information I gathered with no way to verify it's accuracy. Since this is one of those topics that can't be discussed clinically, I'm not going get into how I arrived at the point where I feel relieved by this news.

With that said... I suggest people go digging and find what they can find about this accident and make their own judgement.

I'm interested in what you found, and what in that pushed you to conclude that the instructor should lose his instructor cert.

Spectre:
However that judgement is based only on the information I gathered with no way to verify it's accuracy.

Wonderful basis for making judgments!

I promise you that you will not "gather" accurate information on this tragedy. Some of what has been reported or posted is factual. Much is fact-based but phrased to make it look bad (and what fatality is NOT bad?). Much is pure speculation and way off base. I generously hope that most of those whom have distorted the details of this fatality have done so to distance themselves from it in the belief that such a thing could never occur on one of their dives--because they would never ever x, y, or z.

In any case, it is very easy to walk through the battle field after the war has been fought and shoot the survivors.

Safe diving to you all,

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom