Mod reply deletion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think they'll let it slide Wookie. You didn't call people bad names or use foul language or step over any egregious boundaries. I mean , you didn't make any phone calls whilst in an empassioned rage, did you?

Not this time. Is that the criteria?

Uh well, to my knowledge, the last person who was banned took on a couple of whole squadrons , single-handedly, on two different DZ, laid out a soldier found alone and reported the weak link to his superior all while screaming invective and lobbing grenades in every direction. That banned person had felt personally scorned, which may have been true. But with all that damage and prior history, there was no hope of redemption.

Do you feel your gut-wrenching reply based on being heartsick with a personal sense of loss though unwarranted and maybe even suffering from a mild case of PTSD, is equal to what happened last time? I don't.

I'll fight for you Wookie. Though that may not be the best thing for you. :wink:

Thanks. First laugh of the day.

Good. Have a coffee and think about something that's going to make you happy today. o_O:coffee::yeahbaby::rain:

At a minimum some sort of notification would be appreciated, other than just a little box in the corner of your post informing you that it was edited by a moderator.

Hey mods ... if you don't have time to explain your actions, then maybe you should consider not taking them. Or turn it over to a mod with a better sense of common courtesy.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Why are we unable to respond to the mod when a reply is deleted. We get a notification but no opportunity to reply. Why not make a reply to the notification possible, as in a PM?

I find it unlikely that this is the whole story. When I worked as a mod on this board transparency was held in high regard and we communicated extensively with people who were being moderated. I have no reason whatsoever to believe that this has changed.

R..

I have never had a mod tell me why she modded my post. Pete has. Usually, it is glaringly obvious, however.

I can only speak for myself. I used to always send a message to the person who reported a post AND the person whose post was reported, explaining the issue and the decision I made. If there was reason to object, then everyone knew who to mail but at least it was clear who made the decision and why.

I don't know if MOD's still do this but I would be surprised if they don't, at least most of the time. It was a deeply embedded behaviour and I see nothing on the board that suggests that this has changed.

R..

I got no notice of anything ... just a little box in the corner of the post telling me it had been edited by a moderator. I honestly don't know why ... this was in The Pub, and the rules are a bit looser down there. I have a little game ongoing with another Pubster ... and all the regulars know we're just playing a game. Apparently the mod isn't a regular, and just wandered through long enough to delete something they didn't like and leave.

Courtesy is lost on some folks ... and not everyone's cut out to be a moderator. If it's not worth your time to do the job right, then you shouldn't be doing it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom