• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Mods stalking posters vs positive user feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by NAUI Wowie, Dec 17, 2018.

1. NAUI Wowie

NAUI Wowie Manta Ray

# of Dives: 50 - 99

nice post, coming from someone with a highly racist and offensive avatar. I guess being one of the ones in charge has its benefits? But id not count that avatar as a benefit just offensive

2. NAUI Wowie

NAUI Wowie Manta Ray

I feel like im in the robin williams movie where I should now stand up on the desk and salute. Captain my captain!

3. NAUI Wowie

NAUI Wowie Manta Ray

Good lord that is AWESOME! I literally inspired a thread? Hot diggity I aint in maybury no more! And yea im gonna read it how could I not

4. RainPilot

RainPilot CCR Instructor Staff Member

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Just FTR, @JohnnyC is not in charge here. Sooooo very far from it, he is approaching it from the other side.

chillyinCanada likes this.
  5. NAUI Wowie

NAUI Wowie Manta Ray

Sorry just found the avatar very racist I mean does not anyone see that?

6. Degenerate

Degenerate DIR Practitioner

Making fun of someones speech problems does not make you a racist, that's not AT ALL what racism is.
    Is it morally questionable and offensive? Sure it may be to some, but there's not an ounce of racism involved...
    If you disagree I would love for you to educate us on the matter.

7. uncfnp

uncfnp Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Only if you find speech impediments racist. It seems you’re assuming that his speech is because of his race and that is racist.

Edit. ^^^ Degenerate beat me to the punch.

Mods. May be time to move this to the pub since it has zero useful feedback. Certainly not for the mods and the op has shown no ability for self awareness.

8. TC

TC Miscreant Moderator Staff Member

Reality can be a hard pill to swallow Dale.

9. Jay

Jay Need to dive more!

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Gold.

image.jpeg

10. Storker

Storker Divemaster

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    How is that at all relevant? It's a pretty weak argument, by the way. Of the - as of now - 15 persons who have posted in this thread, you have the second lowest number of likes per post. Count the numbers and do the math, and you'll see for yourself.

When you post, you post at a rate which makes a rabbit on speed look like a sloth in comparison. Over the course of one hour today, you wrote 15 posts. That's one every four minutes on average. Even if we only look at those posts which haven't been taken out for violating either the ToS, the Special Rules for the particular forum you post in, or both, most of your posts come over as overtly aggressive and/or argumentative. You come over as stubborn and tonedeaf, and you seem completely unable to take feedback. Be it from the staff or from fellow ordinary members of the board.

The purpose of moderation here on SB is for the board to be a nice place to hang out and discuss (primarily) scuba related issues. Can you think of any other reason for the amount of moderation you say that you're subjected to, than that the staff members are stalking you?

A lot of the Scubaboard members have been moderated. Some more than others. Those who remain here are those who were able to take feedback and adjust their style to fit the board. Those who weren't able to do that generally aren't allowed to post here anymore.