Mods stalking posters vs positive user feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a back room where the mods discuss things. If people are repeatedly reporting your posts for bad behavior, your name will pop up in that back room more often. They don't have time to stalk people. They have enough going on as it is.

As an FYI, I get moderated significantly less often when I'm nice to people.

nice post, coming from someone with a highly racist and offensive avatar. I guess being one of the ones in charge has its benefits? But id not count that avatar as a benefit just offensive

We can't stop doing what we never started to do. You might have been the most reported person last week. From starting a thread in the wrong forum (like this one) to misogynous statements, other users are telling us that your posting is problematic and hurts the community. You're your own worst enemy in this. Please desist.

ScubaBoard became and persists as the premier community for divers because we keep things nice. You, our users, tell us what's not nice when you report a post. Like a sculpture, once we take away all the things that aren't "nice" we are left with only nice. In that regard, we are always learning, always changing and trying to always remain relevant because we listen to what our users are telling us. Should we be too nice for your taste, there's plenty of mean on FaceBook and AltScuba. You're still welcome here, but not the snark and please color between the lines and avoid the snark. Thanks.

I feel like im in the robin williams movie where I should now stand up on the desk and salute. Captain my captain!

Dear Hated,

It's no fun not knowing why others may not like you. Ask your favorite mod. Even ask your least favorite mod. Before you do, you might want to read this thread first: Accepting criticisms: "You're gonna die!" In fact, the OP of this thread inspired that one.
Dear Hated,

It's no fun not knowing why others may not like you. Ask your favorite mod. Even ask your least favorite mod. Before you do, you might want to read this thread first: Accepting criticisms: "You're gonna die!" In fact, the OP of this thread inspired that one.

Good lord that is AWESOME! I literally inspired a thread? Hot diggity I aint in maybury no more! And yea im gonna read it how could I not

nice post, coming from someone with a highly racist and offensive avatar. I guess being one of the ones in charge has its benefits? But id not count that avatar as a benefit just offensive

Just FTR, @JohnnyC is not in charge here. Sooooo very far from it, he is approaching it from the other side.

Sorry just found the avatar very racist I mean does not anyone see that?

Making fun of someones speech problems does not make you a racist, that's not AT ALL what racism is.
Is it morally questionable and offensive? Sure it may be to some, but there's not an ounce of racism involved...
If you disagree I would love for you to educate us on the matter.

Sorry just found the avatar very racist I mean does not anyone see that?
Only if you find speech impediments racist. It seems you’re assuming that his speech is because of his race and that is racist.

Edit. ^^^ Degenerate beat me to the punch.

Mods. May be time to move this to the pub since it has zero useful feedback. Certainly not for the mods and the op has shown no ability for self awareness.

Lol you first buddy....you first. and you just broke your very own TOS. BE NICE. Newsflash YOU WERENT lol. Seriously why as a mod or whatever you are would you come troll me on this thread? My like percentage is much higher than yours. I.E. im far more hilarious.

Carry on though Im sure you had no ILL WILL in your post.

Reality can be a hard pill to swallow Dale.

I have a 1 like per 4 posts,

My like percentage is much higher than yours. /QUOTE]

Gold.

image.jpeg

I have a 1 like per 4 posts, please mods stop stalking me and deleting half my posts.
How is that at all relevant? It's a pretty weak argument, by the way. Of the - as of now - 15 persons who have posted in this thread, you have the second lowest number of likes per post. Count the numbers and do the math, and you'll see for yourself.

When you post, you post at a rate which makes a rabbit on speed look like a sloth in comparison. Over the course of one hour today, you wrote 15 posts. That's one every four minutes on average. Even if we only look at those posts which haven't been taken out for violating either the ToS, the Special Rules for the particular forum you post in, or both, most of your posts come over as overtly aggressive and/or argumentative. You come over as stubborn and tonedeaf, and you seem completely unable to take feedback. Be it from the staff or from fellow ordinary members of the board.

The purpose of moderation here on SB is for the board to be a nice place to hang out and discuss (primarily) scuba related issues. Can you think of any other reason for the amount of moderation you say that you're subjected to, than that the staff members are stalking you?

A lot of the Scubaboard members have been moderated. Some more than others. Those who remain here are those who were able to take feedback and adjust their style to fit the board. Those who weren't able to do that generally aren't allowed to post here anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom