Moldable Mouth Piece.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orthodontic Mouthpiece

r530.jpg

Product Description: Over the counter comfort, with the combined comfort of the Orthodontic mouthpiece with the custom fit of the moldable bite tabs. Made with crystal silicone.
Product ID: R530
Price: $9.90

You are out of luck. I am having buyer's remorse after I bought 2 SeaCures. These incredibly expensive things look like they had great promise. My DM advised me about which ones to buy for my reg and my wife's. My wife's molded fine, but then when she went to use it, it has a little bur on it that rubs on her gum. She spit it out and there was the first wasted $$.

To be fair, I screwed mine up by trying to get it to fit a Poseidon. The instructions are clear not to let the mouthpiece side get into the water, but it didn't fit and he told me it would work. I know something about thermo-forming plastics....or so I thought. So to get it to fit, I dipped it into the water to try and soften it. This thing shriveled up like a salted slug! or a wet popcorn kernel, or or acetone on styrofoam, or any other shriveling up analogy you want.

Total damage $70 worth of SeaCures.

I called SeaCure and asked about it. The lady, who was very nice BTW, offered me nothing but sympathy or to buy another one at a reduced price. I really can't recommend these things until they improve them and make them fit Poseidon or get better remediation if you do have a problem. I believe in theory they would be great. I'd really like to try one. But the thrill of blowing that much money is short lived when you watch your money shrivel up and become all deformed after dipping in a pan of water.

Make my remorse your education.

on your wifes you can remove the burs with a sharp knife i had the same issue and when i removed them that thing worked great

Over the counter comfort, with the combined comfort of the Orthodontic mouthpiece with the custom fit of the moldable bite tabs. Made with crystal silicone.

Price: $9.90

Makes me bite a little harder on mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom