Molle panel for wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fireflock

Contributor
Reaction score
So I'm here waiting for my Techniflex suit to be built, and I have started wondering if I can add Molle panels to my wetsuit thigh and move pockets back and forth between my wetsuit and my drysuit.

Has anyone done this before? I'd like to find a source for the panel (if one exists) that would sew onto the wetsuit.

Rich

It is certainly theoretically possible. Whites offers the matrix panel as an option on their drysuits, the two questions I would have are:

1) Will the manufacturer do it?
and
2)Why not just hard mount a pocket onto each suit? As this would surely be a more securely mounted pocket.

Will a manufacturer do it? I wasn't really thinking along those lines. I was thinking about buying a panel (if they are sold) and sewing it on myself.

As to why a panel instead of a pocket - I've certainly thought about just adding some wetsuit pockets but my only hangup is that I wear 2 layers when it's cold, just the bottom layer during transition times, and then just the top layer in the summer...and the reverse in the fall. If I add pockets to both the bottom and top layer of the suit I'm worried about the bulkiness when I wear them both together. It's probably not a widespread problem though.

Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom