Molokini boat dive 26 Sep, 1 spot avail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sushi Boy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I’m leading a group trip of fun, experienced divers to Maui at the end of September.

Because of the difference in boat sizes with various operators that we’re using, we have 1 spot available on Tuesday, September 26th with Mike Severns Diving for their 2-tank Molokini boat dive. They tell us typically one dive is done someplace off of Molokini and the other someplace off of Maui.

Cost of the trip will be $169, including nitrox (STRONGLY preferred, since the rest of the group will be diving nitrox profiles). Bring your own gear or let me know if you need help arranging rental equipment.

It’s an early start at 6:00 am, but everything we hear says it’s well worth it.

If you’re going to be on the island and would like to join us that day, please let me know.

They tell us typically one dive is done someplace off of Molokini and the other someplace off of Maui.

Cost of the trip will be $169, including nitrox (STRONGLY preferred, since the rest of the group will be diving nitrox profiles)..

Visibility in Molokini tops the entire region. Doing a second dive off Maui is nice if you're strapped for time and want to spend your surface interval getting back to the island. Otherwise, I'd strongly recommend 2 tanks in Molokini. Maui sites are accessible by shore dives anyway.

Some folks always dive nitrox, which is a personal choice and adds some margin of safety. That said, unless you guys are going down 100-110 ft on the backwall and/or diving HP120s, most will run out of air long before reaching NDL. Average depth in the crater is around 60 ft.

Just bumping this back up now that the trip's only a few weeks away. Let me know if you're interested in that spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom