Monster fish killed after terrorising Swiss swimmers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is too funny...
We joke around about the perch at CSSP but this is crazy.

From Yahoo News-

GENEVA (AFP) – Police divers have ended the reign of terror of a huge fish that was attacking swimmers in a Swiss lake.
The zander, which was 70 centimetres (two feet three inches) long and weighed eight kilos (17.5 pounds), was harpooned on Sunday after it bit six swimmers over the weekend, fish warden Fabio Croci told local media.
Two swimmers were treated in hospital for bite wounds up to 10 centimetres (four inches) long after being attacked on Lac Majeur, which borders Italy, he added.
Police divers at first tried to capture the carnivorous fish with a net, but when this failed they pursued the zander with a harpoon and managed to kill it.
The meat from the captured fish was served up to tourists at the lake.
"It is quite unusual for zanders to bite humans", Croci said, adding he suspected the fish was suffering from a hormonal imbalance which could be responsible for its aggression.

Link- Monster fish killed after terrorising Swiss swimmers - Yahoo! News

And the interesting part is they feed the offending fish to the tourists- Oh remember it had a potential hormone imbalance. Wonder if anyone will have night sweats?

Andrew

Last edited:
Poor fishie.

The Swiss' idea of monster and my idea of monster are far apart :)

Those Swiss have obviously never been diving with the VW Beetle size catfish i saw on the bottom of Lake Travis that one time....

teehee

Shoot....I've had bigger Sunfish then that swim up my pants leg and bite me.
:D

Attachments

• zander.jpg
    zander.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IanBradfieldZander18lb3oz.jpg
    IanBradfieldZander18lb3oz.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 54

Back
Top Bottom