Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aug 5, late morning dives at McAbee. Vis 8-12ft with lots of particulates floating about, mild surge. Calm surface conditions. The sea hares were out in force. Overall excellent dives!

Any Vis reports from yesterday??

Two dives at McAbee yesterday, 10am and 1pm. Viz was mostly around 10 feet, with pockets of slightly better & worse. Max depth 24 feet, so maybe viz would have opened up in deeper water. Min temp 52.

Lots of sea hares.

Two 91 minute dives at Breakwater today. Water temp below 30 feet was 56. Above 30 it was 58. Felt like the tropics. Giant Sea Nettles in the kelp area. Found a Gopro Hero 4 along wall. After second dive I found the owner. It was a happy reunion. Vis was 15+. Topside was beautiful.

Nice dive at Lover's Pt. today. Dead calm, vis 20-30 feet, water temp. 54 degrees. We arrived at 7AM and had the ocean to ourselves. Video coming. More life in the shallows then in a bit deeper water due to Sea Urchins. They are everywhere. Wish divers were allowed to destroy them. We dive for 48 minutes, max. depth 39 feet. I've lost nearly 20 pounds so diving was much easier and my gear fit a lot better. Another 10-20 to go.

2 at Breakwater yesterday. Wall and kelp had about 15+ vis sometimes more sometimes less. Water was 55 along wall and 57 in kelp. Looks like Monterey is setting up for the car show so this weekend might be crowded.

At Breakwater today. Two dives along the wall, almost bathtub conditions, 15 ft / 5 m of visibility, 57F/ 14C, very crowded with divers. Bunch of nudibranchs and sand dollars.

Vis was amazing today at Breakwater. First dive was along wall. Buzzed by seals, a bunch of different Nudibranchs and over all an excellent dive. Vis was 25-30. 57 degrees. Second dive was kelp. I was blown away. 30-40ft vis. I could hardly take pictures because I was just floating there trying to take it all in. Water was blue. 56 degrees.

Pt. Lobos today, 8-31-18; wow! Warm, beautiful day. 25 feet of vis, temp. was 60 degrees from surface to 40 feet. Very calm too. Got some great video, including a harbor seal. Will post later.

Back
Top Bottom