Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did! You have a fantastic feed. Bummer about the camera shutting off. You have a great eye for color and all the wandering marine life. You caught some awesome fish on camera -- especially the copper rock fish in

Beautiful video!!! That was a big'ol Ham Fish. LOL
What is that white thing at 2:34?

Little murky today at some parts. Dove the wall and got in to 20ish feet of vis. Lots of sea lions roaming around and a few scattered otters. Mostly on the surface. Water got rough later in the afternoon, hit the first stair. Not my favorite dive, but got 5 feet of vis for a majority of the time.

Two lovely dives at Breakwater today, conditions were much calmer. I was pleased to be diving with a new buddy, @dive1bb and we found the Metridium field on the first dive, 50 minutes at 16m. Vis was OK there, 5m/15 ft or so, much better along the wall on the second dive. 55 minutes, 12m/36 ft, with at least 10m/33ft of vis.

Did two great dives along the pipe out to the metridiums on Saturday, Jan 12th. Wave models showed some good swells and it looked like everyone was at the Breakwater that day. We had some friends cancel their dive (based on the wave model), but some of us firmly believe you have to go check it out in person! There was a lot of water movement near the stairs and a few waves even went up over the wall, so we elected to dive the other end of the beach.

We could see the big pipe from the surface, which made for easy navigation. Viz out at the metridiums was up to 25 feet so we were able to find more than one patch. Found a baby wolf eel. Each dive was to about 50 feet, and about 35 minutes. Temp was 54. Just beautiful!

It looked like a lot of classes were diving near the wall, and some of their entries and exits got quite comical. People need to remember not to turn their backs on the ocean! Yes you got your fins off and are walking out in shallow water, but that doesn't mean there won't be a next wave coming to take you down! Which happened more than a few times. But everyone seemed to have a buddy for assistance and everyone appeared to finally get out of the water ok.

Jan 19 - 0630 - I got there super early.
tide started going down after 9am.
lovely day. vis about 15 - 20

full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1548087047.jpg

full?lightbox=1&update=1548087108.jpg

Jan 20, Sunday.
Point Lobos, Carmel.

Beaches across the way completely covered. Water was easily reaching the top of the boat ramp around 9am.
vis about 15 feet but still a very nice day.
Monastery did not look fun at all as we drove by in the morning.

full?d=1548087691.jpg

Hmm...I was at all those places this weekend too.Are you the woman with the Subaru Crosstrek? Such a small world. I so love the dive community.

Hello!
Yes, that was me. Were you the one that recognized my friend's giant truck with the EANX plate? :-D

Yup! That is me!!!!!!!!! I'm Rebecca. I had the Black Mercedes SUV with the "Good Girls Go Down" scuba diver sticker on the rear window.

I've been seeing your friend's truck all over the place and I finally got to meet him. Then when I did meet him we learned we had mutual friends and experiences. It was pretty cool.

God Loves Scuba Divers! Wave model was crappy all week but things are looking awesome for this weekend, especially on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom