Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, super! I suppose it might have been a silver lining that you were working hard on your class and not as much on seeing things. Great job.

Thank you, Walt! Totally agree about the vis -- just happy to focus on our skills. If anything, it was a great challenge for working on navigation!

How did I not see you last weekend? Congrats on completing your AOW! I am so proud of you! When are you going to be a Divemaster? You should do it! You've gotten as hooked on SCUBA as I did.

Again, congrats on your AOW! I am so very proud of you!

Thank you, Becca! Breakwater was such a zoo this weekend. I tried looking for you and the Bamboo crew, but I didn't see you! I've been thinking about DM. I want to work up to Rescue first.

@wnissen did you do Rescue yet?

The Wife and I are looking to head over Wednesday the 27th. What do those of you "In the Know" people think it will be like? I know it's never for sure but an educated guess on whether it's worth the drive or not would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thinking diving ether Lovers, Macabee, or Breakwater.

Even if it seems obvious, just wanted to mention that it's worth giving the local dive shops a call before you head over. They generally have a good idea of conditions. Like you said though, it's never for sure even throughout the day. Hope you both have fun whatever you end up doing :)

@wnissen did you do Rescue yet?
No, not yet, I was hoping to get a few more dives in before I did that, but have been 0/3 on my last boat dives! An instructor I really like made me an offer for a private lesson that is very tempting, so I will do that, possibly starting next month.

No, not yet, I was hoping to get a few more dives in before I did that, but have been 0/3 on my last boat dives! An instructor I really like made me an offer for a private lesson that is very tempting, so I will do that, possibly starting next month.

Oh no! Sorry to hear about the boat dives. Hope you can get the class in soon. Keep me posted!

The wife and I just finished diving Metridium Field, 1st time, absolutely amazing. Seeing the field come into view, with the vis as good as it is and being able to see it from a ways off, at first I thought it was a huge bubble trail like something BIG and just swam off. Could not have asked for a better dive.
Conditions are great right now. Great vis 25 foot at least and nearly zero surge. Water temps... well it's Monterey so 52ish LOL. I have pics and videos I will post later.
If you are in the area you need to get out and dive today.

Must have settled. I was in there a couple of days ago; and it was a conservative ten feet . . .

Let me put it this way. We were able to surface swim following the big pipe. We could still see it good when we dropped it was 25ft.

Sweeeeeeet . . .

The wife and I just finished diving Metridium Field, 1st time, absolutely amazing. Seeing the field come into view, with the vis as good as it is and being able to see it from a ways off, at first I thought it was a huge bubble trail like something BIG and just swam off. Could not have asked for a better dive.
Conditions are great right now. Great vis 25 foot at least and nearly zero surge. Water temps... well it's Monterey so 52ish LOL. I have pics and videos I will post later.
If you are in the area you need to get out and dive today.

Hooray! Happy to hear you made it out there and had a great dive :)

Must have settled. I was in there a couple of days ago; and it was a conservative ten feet . . .

Same here. It's tough to get away from work during the week, but posts like this remind me that I may need to plan some random mid-week "personal days"

Back
Top Bottom