Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The site, for Adventures by the Sea, has an ocean cam, which does a sweep of San Carlos Beach, as well as an area of the harbor. That should give you an idea of some local, Monterey conditions . . .

Adventures by The Sea | Bike, Kayak, SUP Rentals & Tours in Monterey

In terms of the kelp forests, I've been diving them since the 1970s; and in some respects, things have seldom been better, in terms of water quality and, just far less garbage dumped by the local boatniks. I have seen far more damage to the canopies from Pacific Grove's all-too-frequent sewage spills from hundred year old pipes and severe El Niño events, than from the waxing and waning of the urchins . . .

2 Dives today. 1) North monastery,Easy In, easy out. Vis 30 to 35 feet, beautiful. 50°. Kept drysuit partially on and drove to 2)Breakwater wall. Vis about 15 ft murky, tons of sea lions. Lots of life out with the plankton though. Saw a monkeyfaced Eel size at 28 ft dpth. 52°

twitter: @montereydiveco1 montereydiveconditions

Other folks at Breakwater?
Have been reluctant, as a non- local, to drive down

Other folks at Breakwater?
Have been reluctant, as a non- local, to drive down

I've run into folks in Monterey / Carmel from as far as Placer and Shasta Counties, in the last few weeks . . .

How are shops handling fills? Is that curb side or rear door?

Aquarius, on Del Monte, is now doing "curb-side" services . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom