Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did two dives at breakwater (San Carlos beach) on Sunday (10/11) with @BLee88. Water was pretty calm and viz was about 10-15 feet the first dive around 9;30am and about 5feet the second dive around 11:30am. Water temperature was 52 at the bottom. There were tons of jellyfish throughout the morning. Sharing some pics from the dive. Bonus points if you can spot the fish in the last picture. Does anyone know what it’s called?
60D57488-F0AD-4EBD-969D-CEB518BD484A.jpeg
345FA211-77BF-4B85-BA1A-206C84CCA494.jpeg
0B984DAF-7736-4E0F-9351-40210DE00DF7.jpeg
2F759AD2-46C0-42B6-A5DE-D826B7CD2412.jpeg
7DBB6BF3-7696-4AD5-8017-CDD130E37EE9.jpeg

What’s the deal at BreakWater and Monastery these days? Can you park and dive ok? Or are there issues with COVID restrictions? Thx.

No issues. There is a sign at Breakwater that says $100 fine for no mask. I only wear one using the restroom or walking along the Breakwater and of course underwater. Bunch of people on the beach as well today but distancing.

It's called a sanddab. I've been diving regularly at Breakwater over the last few months. I'm 10 dives in since OW certification so it's a good spot for me to practice skills.

Here's a picture of one chilling with a goby.
20201003_012.jpg

20201003_011.jpg

I did two dives at breakwater (San Carlos beach) on Sunday (10/11) with @BLee88. Water was pretty calm and viz was about 10-15 feet the first dive around 9;30am and about 5feet the second dive around 11:30am. Water temperature was 52 at the bottom. There were tons of jellyfish throughout the morning. Sharing some pics from the dive. Bonus points if you can spot the fish in the last picture. Does anyone know what it’s called?
View attachment 617908 View attachment 617909 View attachment 617910 View attachment 617911 View attachment 617912

Monastery Beach, this morning, had about a 2 meter swell and some brief overhead sets. Visibility was about three meters at best; and exiting was a few minute waiting game, between sets . . .

Monastery Beach, this morning, had about a 2 meter swell and some brief overhead sets. Visibility was about three meters at best; and exiting was a few minute waiting game, between sets . . .
Thanks for the report, things do look crappy and it's always nice to hear that the forecast is accurate. Me, I would go have some delicious sanddabs for lunch instead of risking it, but an expert such as yourself probably has different criteria. Hoping it will calm down like it's supposed to, I would like to try diving the wharf for this first time this weekend.

Weekends can get a bit crowded at the wharf. If you do go, swim out right next to the wall. That way you are under the wood over hang of the wharf and all the fishing lines will be away from you. When you get to the end of the cement section, hard left and drop. Excellent dive for photography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom