Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw a report from a reliable source that said 60ft vis at North Monastery today and the second dive was even better. I think I'm going to have to rearrange my work week. I have a viability clause in my contract.

Can confirm the reports of amazing visibility.

We did a dive at Pt Lobos on Saturday. Nothing to report from us as we were doing some practice for an upcoming class and had 30ft or so in the shallow areas around the Worm Patch. A couple of other teams went deeper and had 60-80ft viz once they got to 100ft and deeper.

Can confirm the reports of amazing visibility.

We did a dive at Pt Lobos on Saturday. Nothing to report from us as we were doing some practice for an upcoming class and had 30ft or so in the shallow areas around the Worm Patch. A couple of other teams went deeper and had 60-80ft viz once they got to 100ft and deeper.
That sounds really great.

Sat, May 29 @ Point Lobos. A group of 8 and we didn't even lose each other in the not so pristine viz of the cove.
Waited at the gate for a while before it opened (we were 2 & 3 in the queue) and then waited more for the tide to rise so we didn't have to giant stride into the kelp salad at the end of the boat ramp. Instead, we watched the other divers navigate the ramp while putting their floats and scooters in the water. I think we gracefully slid into the water around 11h00. (And when I say "gracefully" I mean we didn't make ourselves look like total clowns.

Computer tells me it was 48F. Lots of little things to see but too much purple all over the place ;(
Not the best dive but better than sitting in front of Netflix on this holiday weekend. Plus, no one slipped on the nature made slip n slide and that's always a plus!

Plenty of traffic on the return to the Bay Area due to an accident at the Eucalyptus trees on 156 (heading into Monterey). Traffic was well stopped for a long way for those heading to the coast - a loooooooong ways away!

monty.jpg

Sat, May 29 @ Point Lobos. A group of 8 and we didn't even lose each other in the not so pristine viz of the cove.
Waited at the gate for a while before it opened (we were 2 & 3 in the queue) and then waited more for the tide to rise so we didn't have to giant stride into the kelp salad at the end of the boat ramp. Instead, we watched the other divers navigate the ramp while putting their floats and scooters in the water. I think we gracefully slid into the water around 11h00. (And when I say "gracefully" I mean we didn't make ourselves look like total clowns.

Computer tells me it was 48F. Lots of little things to see but too much purple all over the place ;(
Not the best dive but better than sitting in front of Netflix on this holiday weekend. Plus, no one slipped on the nature made slip n slide and that's always a plus!

Plenty of traffic on the return to the Bay Area due to an accident at the Eucalyptus trees on 156 (heading into Monterey). Traffic was well stopped for a long way for those heading to the coast - a loooooooong ways away!

View attachment 662241
Thanks for the picture, that is a really low tide! I wish they would put in stairs, at least then the fee would include something besides the same access that hundreds of hikers get. Appreciate the report!

Ah the green slimy ramp of death. One of the reasons I will not dive Lobos.

There are worse mornings.
This is sometime after 0600 but before 0630.
The rising sun was up and bright and warm all day long. My face is red because I forgot to reapply the sunscreen. Tomorrow I will be slicing up the leaves of my aloe plants to slap on my skin. *what an amateur move*
Metridium and the pipe was a good spot to target since viz made it to about 15' in the morning. Viz did go down when heading back. The wall was more like 5' and a touch more. Depends on if you were around a class or bicycle kicking divers near the bottom. :p

sunnyam.jpg

Back
Top Bottom