Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You dive the pipe, keep going and when you go from scraping along rocks to scraping along cauliflower you're there. It's hard to miss when your nose is on the bottom.

Two dives, one in Carmel -- the second, in Monterey. Should have remained in Carmel, with 6-7 meter visibility versus the 2-3 of Monterey and the jackasses with the surf-rods, attempting to hit a couple of divers, while casting, backwards, overhead.

Mysteriously, one of the pr**ks lost his leader, hooks and sinker; must have been a sizable, nasty fish, with a boat knife . . .

I would have been tempted to use the rest of my tank collecting all his tackle.

Meh diving on the Monterey side; two dives; 3-4 meters, at best, and warm water.

Didn't have time for Carmel . . .

Saw BB in the morning at Breakwater after a brief 20 min dive to pressure test my new Gopro housing before I put the camera in it. Vis was 5-7ft in mid reef but looked like it might have been better further out. It was nice catching up with you BB. North Monastery was 30ft +/- vis. surgey and a sizeable swell. Great dive though. Next dive was Breakwater wall. Got in the water close to 3:00. Vis was poor swimming out but opened up at drop off. Vis was 15ft +/- and cold below 30ft. Vis was getting better on way in too.

Thinking of diving monterey this weekend and fingers crossed for good visibiity. appreciate any updates on conditions as we approach!

Thinking of diving monterey this weekend and fingers crossed for good visibiity. appreciate any updates on conditions as we approach!

Carmel had about 4-5 meters of visibility; a tiny swell; and tons of schooling fish. Those who had been on the Monterey side, reported a suck-fest -- much of what I saw — or didn’t see — earlier in the week.

The current forecast predicts a 1.2 to a 0.9 meter swell this weekend -- negligible . . .

Carmel had about 4-5 meters of visibility; a tiny swell; and tons of schooling fish. Those who had been on the Monterey side, reported a suck-fest -- much of what I saw — or didn’t see — earlier in the week.

The current forecast predicts a 1.2 to a 0.9 meter swell this weekend -- negligible . . .
Viz not bad on the wall or pipe, coldish at 54°, only 28° colder than curaçao. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom