Monterey pics 7-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
It's been a busy couple of months. Between Bali and the Channel Islands the first and last weeks of July, we dove every weekend in Monterey. About 2000 pictures that have taken me a month to finish processing and posting. Here are a few from July in Monterey.

Juvenile Black & Yellow Rockfish
DSC_0141psesm.jpg

Dirona Albolineata
DSC_0132psesm.jpg

School of Juvenile Rockfish
DSC_0126croppsesm.jpg

Red Octopus
DSC_0164croppsesm.jpg

Trochoina Tetraquettra
DSC_0162croppsesm.jpg

Lingcod with Rose Anemone
DSC_0156psesm.jpg

Wolf Eel
DSC_0149psesm.jpg

Cadlina Leuteomarginata
DSC_0144psesm.jpg

I'll pick a few from Bali and the Channel Islands before I start on August in Monterey.

The Dirona is magnificent. Great shot. I also like the wolf eel, wish we had them down here in the reachable parts of the Channel Islands
Bill

Thanks Bill. I don't know where the Wolf Eel boundary line is. I'll have to check my fish books. We don't see very many, but generally they stay in one place and they mate for life, so there are usually two in the hole if they're mature.

There are lots of wolfeels on the wrecks just offshore from L.A/Long Beach. A buddy of mine said he found a Dirona albolineata off Palos Verdes while diving with another photographer, yet both of them decided to dive without cameras that day. :headscratch:

Back
Top Bottom