Moon Palace Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PadiGirl

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been to the Moon Palace before, so I do know what to expect from the Hotel, but it's been awhile. Can someone refresh my memory on the following:

Closest town
Best Dive Ops in area
Best place to buy liquor, vanilla, gifts
Good Restaurant (food is so-so at all inclusives)

Thanks,

Sandi

PadiGirl:
Hi All,
I've been to the Moon Palace before, so I do know what to expect from the Hotel, but it's been awhile. Can someone refresh my memory on the following:

Closest town
Best Dive Ops in area

Thanks,

Sandi

Just got back a month ago and dove with Aquaworld right from the resort. Here are links to my dive logs and site report.

Reef Dive Log

C58 Dive Log

Moon Palace/Aquaworld Site Report

The actual town on Cancun is close but we had more fun at Playa del Carmen, about 20 minutes south of the resort.

Hey Sandi

Puerto Morelos is your closest seaside town
Dive Ops - we have discussed this on private messaging
Best place - cheapest? Liquor: Mega Commercial Mexicana or Sams Club in Cancun
Gifts - handicrafts village in Puerto Morelos or 3rd Ave in Playa del Carmen some people like Mercado 28 in Cancun
Restaurants in Puerto Morelos - John Gray's Kitchen, Bodo's, Cafe del Puerto, Vieja Pescadore, Azul Pescudor, Hola Asia and there is a new one opening next week. You have to book at John's.

best

cat

PadiGirl:
Hi All,

Closest town
Best Dive Ops in area

Thanks,

Sandi

Cat,
Thanks for the info. I would like to book a package with you. I'll send you a PM.
Is the Mega Commercial Mexicana in Cancun or in PDC.
One more question though: I LOVE Vanilla and put it in everything. The one I bought in July was disappointing...it said "Puro", which I thought would mean not imitation, but it was clearly not Real Vanilla. Is there a brand name I should look for, just like I look for "Kahula" not "Coffee Liquor"?

catbrown:
Hey Sandi

Puerto Morelos is your closest seaside town
Dive Ops - we have discussed this on private messaging
Best place - cheapest? Liquor: Mega Commercial Mexicana or Sams Club in Cancun
Gifts - handicrafts village in Puerto Morelos or 3rd Ave in Playa del Carmen some people like Mercado 28 in Cancun
Restaurants in Puerto Morelos - John Gray's Kitchen, Bodo's, Cafe del Puerto, Vieja Pescadore, Azul Pescudor, Hola Asia and there is a new one opening next week. You have to book at John's.

best

cat

Finally got your answer on the vanilla. This came from Diane who runs Mama's Bakery here and she says the best one is called AZTECA, more expensive but you don't need as much either. It is available in the Puerto Morelos grocery store

cat

You're the best! Thanks SO much!
Sandi

catbrown:
Finally got your answer on the vanilla. This came from Diane who runs Mama's Bakery here and she says the best one is called AZTECA, more expensive but you don't need as much either. It is available in the Puerto Morelos grocery store

cat

Back
Top Bottom