Moray Eel Bites Off Diver's Thumb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moral of the story ... don't feed wild animals hot dogs ... they look too much like a thumb ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Guess the idiot got what he was asking for......An the eel to a free extra tidbit!!!
Hope his clients got some gooood pictures of that !!!

Good on the eel.

No sympathy at all with divers that interfere with marine life and end up losing out.

I'm with Bob on this.
Don't feed amimals that think of you or your appendages, as food.

Dave

i could not watch that. I made it to the teasing with a white cloth and realized what was next. I have seen what can happen when fishing and getting a bluefish bite. Another Darwin Award!

doghouse:
i could not watch that. I made it to the teasing with a white cloth and realized what was next. I have seen what can happen when fishing and getting a bluefish bite. Another Darwin Award!
Doesn't count as a Darwin Award unless it prevents the recipient from breeding ... perhaps if the eel had taken a bite out of the "other" hot dog ... :shocked:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Doesn't count as a Darwin Award unless it prevents the recipient from breeding ... perhaps if the eel had taken a bite out of the "other" hot dog ... :shocked:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It almost looked like he "got close" to that "other hotdog" in a few of those video shots...

I'm sure it had to do with the hot dog juice on the divers fingers.

I've fed squid to stingrays in "stingray city" before. You get the juice from the squid on your hands and even if you're out of squid, the stingrays still are all over you trying to find more because they can 'smell' it on you.

Back
Top Bottom