Moray Eel Bites Off Diver's Thumb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why did my post disappear? What did I do? What did I say?

I simply said that I found it reprehensible that the videographer stuck around, after the trigger fish were clearly agitated that he was disturbing their nest. What could possibly be construed as offensive about that, is beyond me... Certainly, if anyone was behaving offensively, it was the dimwit with the camera.

Apparently (at least on my end) the board went down very recently for a period of time. Maybe that had something to do with your missing post?

Gary

I concur

teamgs:
Apparently (at least on my end) the board went down very recently for a period of time. Maybe that had something to do with your missing post?

Gary

Could be... I'm a little paranoid, since coming from a different scuba forum, where posts are arbitrarily deleted, edited, and whole threads disappear without any consistent reason or notice. And besides, I've been trying, really trying, to behave myself. :D

I think I recognize the trigger fish... or at least the look on the trigger fish.

Got chased away by one in the Red Sea. People thought it was funny because on of my dive club buddies was joking with me about getting chased by one. Then sure enough... but the good news is I was a faster swimmer than either of my two buddies, so I got away :D .

Then to top it off a few months later on another dive in a different place I was seen off by another trigger fish. They must just not like the look of me.:shakehead

Seriously, though... not cool to intentionally agitate them.

Staged fake or not, that is just stupid what he is doing, and someone should yank his c-card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom