More #360video :) (including BtS)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverLaura

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Lamont and I got out for a quick dive to test my new VRPro 6 gopro array... Behind the Scenes video...

And the #360video from the dive...

This isn't the best example, i was a bit rushed on sync/stitch due to other projects in the wings, and the vis was VERY milky, but there are one or two gems in it.

Filmed with the VRPRO 6 Gopro array, Gopro Hero 3+ blacks with modified focus based on domes specs from manufacturer.

This was also a neutral buoyancy test and i just kinda bungied a 1lb weight to my pole which caused the visible rotational instability but next round will use some the numerous 1/4-20 attachment points to make it perfectly balanced in salt and fresh water to reduce axial motion. (I believe this will be approx 14 oz for salt water and its basically neutral in fresh)

This was a quick stitch, i did not use D.warp and I DID push the limits of 'near/far' for this medium, on purpose at times. I did not do any static shots as well, so the time sync issues are made more obvious.

All those excuses aside, please enjoy a quick tour of a local dive site.

For the next round i'll be working to set up sync generator and perfect buoyancy.

Lighting was provided by off axis dual SOLA 8000 and one handheld SCALEOinfinty being used in video mode.

Very interesting! I noticed that you have made DIY housing for Samsung Gear 360. How hard is it to build one and how well it works?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom