more how to info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdexcalibur

Reaction score
Ok everyone bare with me if this sound stupid. I haven't taken the class yet and am not familiar with the gear either.
Now for my question. OK your under the water and your reg. comes out of your mouth. I think you practice this in class but anyway. It comes out Now you reach for it and go to put it in your mouth. Won't you get a mouth full of water when putting it back in? Maybe someone can explain the process. Thanks in advanced.

Stone describes it very well. And both methods are taught during pool sessions during class. And then demonstrated again during the open water lake weekend.

yep, you should learn it all in class, and its pretty simple once you get the hang of it. One thing to keep in mind if you have to purge it, is to put you're tounge in the hole so that it dosen't purge everything back into your mouth.. I don't know if that applies for all regs. or just the ones we used for the class... :)

Kayla:)

Yeah everyone pretty much sums it up.

keep in mind you try almost all the skills (like the scary ones) taking off your mask, flooding it, popping your reg out, in the shallow end without fins on (on your knees for me at least) before treding out the deep end.

My first time doing some of them, I forgot to block the hole and had a long drink of pool water.. yum yum

Back
Top Bottom