More Lemon Sharks in Jupiter today (with a few photos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sportxlh

Contributor
Reaction score
formerly Palm Beach Gardens, FL: now Atlanta
# of dives
500 - 999
Wow: another great day in Jupiter with near perfect winter topside conditions. Less than 2 foot waves, sunny and beautiful blue water. Underneath, viz was 80-100 feet on Area 29 and a bit less on Bonny's reef with very little current. Temps at depth were 71-74 degrees but I was wearing a 7MM wetsuit and hood and stayed toasty. We saw at least 6 Lemons on Area 29 with three staying with us for about 20-25 minutes, just circling around. Also saw a number of loggerheads and green morays. On Bonny's, saw a couple goliath grouper, a Lemon shark, 4 nurse sharks (3 at the same time!), hawksbill turtles and 8 or 9 loggerheads.

303873-d86c2743d5139e42697bb72bb482ebbf.jpg

full

full

You have my envy. My one Jupiter trip was in August 2014, and I didn't see a lemon shark OR a loggerhead sea turtle. I'm still hoping to see a loggerhead on a dive someday. Nice shorts; a particularly fine one of that green moray.

Richard.

We had some very clear water of Palm Beach today as well. Lotsa sharks too..

What charters do you recommend?
I have been out with narcosis and had a good time but the current was almost to strong where we went for the day.

Great photos!

very nice photos......thanks for sharing.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom