More shots with the Olympus OM-D EM-5, Nauticam EM-5 housing, with YS D1 strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel Moncrieff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am loving my new camera rig. After carting around a huge Ikelite housing and Canon 50D SLR, I have upgraded to the Olympus OM-D EM-5 with Nauticam housing. I say upgraded, because my new rig weighs 15 pounds less, and performs better imho. I love the way Nauticam has built this housing with access to all the controls right at your fingertips. So much nicer than my Ikelite housing, and feels much more secure as well. I love that I can change my battery and memory card without having to complete remove the camera, and it's so easy to make adjustments underwater. I love the fact that I can use the LCD screen or the EVF (really like using this for macro) and I can see the EVF easily thru the standard Nauticam viewfinder. I am currently using Panasonic Lenses--the 8 mm fisheye for wide angle, and the 45 mm for macro, but I can see an Olympus 60 mm in my future. What I am really looking forward to is getting my hands on one of the special Nauticam ports for the 12-50 lens. This combo should allow me to do great video, macro, and semi-wide angle all on the same dive. Too bad Nauticam is so far behind on production! Anyway, here are a few shots from my last trip. As you can see from the Sea Lion shot, the 8 mm fisheye focuses extremely quickly and accurately, and the 45 mm macro is sharper than my Canon 60 mm dslr lens.

Attachments

• _YZZ0248 copy.jpg
    _YZZ0248 copy.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 333
  • _YZZ0165 copy.jpg
    _YZZ0165 copy.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 277
  • _YZZ0157 copy.jpg
    _YZZ0157 copy.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 263
  • _YZZ0115 copy.jpg
    _YZZ0115 copy.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 251
  • _YZZ0333 copy.jpg
    _YZZ0333 copy.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 273
  • _YZZ0335 copy.jpg
    _YZZ0335 copy.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 246
  • _YZZ0287 copy.jpg
    _YZZ0287 copy.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 204
  • _YZZ0310 copy.jpg
    _YZZ0310 copy.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 224
  • _YZZ0368 copy.jpg
    _YZZ0368 copy.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 240
These are simply beautiful photos.

very nice

Really nice shots! What were your camera and strobe settings for the wide angle shots?

VERY NICE. Funny you used the 45mm as a macro, I did the same thing but just bought the 60mm for proper macro and sold my 45mm on dpreview. Loving the setup.

Hi, these are fantastic photos! I am ready to buy all new kit. Currently using a Canon Powershot with a Sea and Sea strobe I have to tape to the outside of the Canon housing. It's driving me nuts, so looking for a complete new kit.

You obviously love this kit :) wondered what you would recommend for a strobe to go along with it, and how much all of the kit weighs (mainly for hand luggage travel). Also, where I can get all of this, Australian shops don't have this in stock yet.

Many thanks

I am loving my new camera rig. After carting around a huge Ikelite housing and Canon 50D SLR, I have upgraded to the Olympus OM-D EM-5 with Nauticam housing. I say upgraded, because my new rig weighs 15 pounds less, and performs better imho. I love the way Nauticam has built this housing with access to all the controls right at your fingertips. So much nicer than my Ikelite housing, and feels much more secure as well. I love that I can change my battery and memory card without having to complete remove the camera, and it's so easy to make adjustments underwater. I love the fact that I can use the LCD screen or the EVF (really like using this for macro) and I can see the EVF easily thru the standard Nauticam viewfinder. I am currently using Panasonic Lenses--the 8 mm fisheye for wide angle, and the 45 mm for macro, but I can see an Olympus 60 mm in my future. What I am really looking forward to is getting my hands on one of the special Nauticam ports for the 12-50 lens. This combo should allow me to do great video, macro, and semi-wide angle all on the same dive. Too bad Nauticam is so far behind on production! Anyway, here are a few shots from my last trip. As you can see from the Sea Lion shot, the 8 mm fisheye focuses extremely quickly and accurately, and the 45 mm macro is sharper than my Canon 60 mm dslr lens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom