Morehead/Beaufort dive lodges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep...Tortuga does have a head which is unusual for a six-pack. You won't see it just by looking at pictures. It's downstairs under the central console. There is also lots of storage space down there...good for things like spear guns, dry bags, and divers who bring large tool boxes on board with them.

Just to clear it up, Tortuga does have a private area with a head. We are comfortable with six divers and lots of gear, just ask Bob and Polly. We do not of course have a camera table.

thanks! The camera thing is a biggy for us. I used to take my smaller P&S camera on a 6-pack elsewhere and it got kicked constantly as it had to sit on the floor. Now that we have moved up to more $$$ cameras, there is no way we can get away with sitting them on the floor where they might get damaged by accident.

this is the camera table on our trip last week. Ron's camera is on left, my video rig is on far right. As you can see, they do need a table.
2010_NC_Olympusdiving0181.jpg

Getting back to my original post...
has anyone got photos I can share with a few single male friends who might want to come with us to NC next year? Looking for photos of the Dive Lodges from Olympus and Discovery only.

thanks!
robin:D

Hey Robint:

Nice gear! Saw the videos and pictures, too, sweet!

BUT, if you are serious about diving Morehead and seeing stuff other than what you've already seen, I'd suggest you consider James if you are only bringing a small group. The problem with the big guys is that if you don't "own" the boat (i.e., a large group or entire charter) they often take you to what is popular with most of the people on board (the sub, etc.).

A few years ago, I went with singledivers.com and we owned the boat for 3 days. We got to go where we wanted, over the objections of a smaller group aboard, and in less than ideal sea conditions. So, what I'm telling you, is that if you come with a group of about 15 or more and they will take you anywhere you want to dive, within reason.

If that's not possible, use the six pack ops like Tortuga. I have a BIG camera that costs about the same as a car. I bought a tough plastic storage bin from the Home Depot. I put the camera in it, fill it with water, stick it near the stern rail and dive in anything. It won't move and the water cushions the housing. Having it sitting in rack like the photo might work well on easier days, but sooner or later it WILL get tossed.

Check out Tortuga for the room and Captain James in his own words:

[vimeo]12285406[/vimeo]

Good Luck!

Andy

check Core Creek lodge. plenty of privacy options

This is a link to Discovery's old site that has the pictures of both lodges. Just click on the name of each lodge to see the pictures.

DDC Lodges

thanks diveonthefive, I e-mailed Discovery and they sent me that same link yesterday. I think that gives me enough information on their lodges to share with my friends.

robin:D

Back
Top Bottom