Most comfy bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably at my local dive store where I got my licence, they give 10% discount for their student.
Or maybe wait for a dive show ( around April)

Does your dive store let you try out bcd in a pool before you buy?
Do you have friends that dive? Perhaps you could try theirs?

A Wave is an entry level Jacket BCD - targeted at least partially to rental fleets - as was your case. So the fabric might be stiffer than some for durability. Also being a jacket, adding air makes it compress around your body. You might want to try on back-inflate models instead as they don't do that.

The most comfortable BC I've owned is a Zeagle. It has a lumbar pad option that makes it softer on your back and if the tank isn't real tight, keeps the bottom from slamming into your spine when you jump. Zeagle's fabric is a high denier so it's a little rough though - although I dive in a t-shirt with no problems.

If you like Aqualung, try some of their better models.
I have two Zeagles and my wife switched from Aqualung to Zeagle. I agree that they are comfortable and I like that they back inflate.

If the shoulder straps slip off the shoulders I'd tighten the chest strap (if there is one) rather than over snug the shoulder straps.

Does your dive store let you try out bcd in a pool before you buy?
Do you have friends that dive? Perhaps you could try theirs?
I'm not sure they do, I don't think they carry alot of inventory, they usually call the distributor when I placed my order.
Unfortunately no, I'm the only diver in my group of friends

I have two Zeagles and my wife switched from Aqualung to Zeagle. I agree that they are comfortable and I like that they back inflate.

If the shoulder straps slip off the shoulders I'd tighten the chest strap (if there is one) rather than over snug the shoulder straps.

I was thinking of getting a zeagle or scubapro.

Checkout Scubapro Knighthawk

I have Knighthawk. Seahawk is Knighthawk with pockets.

Oh boy, you are going to get a LOT of feedback about what feels best. Everyone is right, and everyone is wrong.

Best solution, don't buy ANYthing until you have the opportunity to try on a bunch of BCDs, and if possible rent/demo for a couple dives. Like your mask, fins, and regs, your BC should be the 'best' for YOU.

When it comes to reliability, ruggedness, capability, I would ask for opinions. When it comes to your personal diving comfort, trust only your own judgement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom