Most Japanese don't really like whale meat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh boy... fun fun

:wink:

actually, the Japan's Shame thread was renamed, so my guess is the
Canada's Shame thread will probalby be renamed as well

How about "Old Beatle hasbeen shame" or How artists who needs attention rent an orange suit and get photographed near cute furry animal that eat all the ugly mean cods. Who is it gonna be next year, the Who? Kiss? :D

really, I dont wanna get started on That one (that will sure attract Trolls :wink:)

yea, well, I am not sure I have the stomach for it. It was brutal and I admit I could not watch the clubbing and dragging around with ice picks. I did not know the guys doing it were commercial fishermen. The karmic debt they incur on those clubbings has got to be profound....kind of ironic since there I am holding a dead creature. Some life forms are higher, I don't mind saying that. Can't prove it though.

catherine96821:
Some life forms are higher, I don't mind saying that. Can't prove it though.

oh, i agree... i am by far the highest life form in the universe

eyebrow

pessimists.

catherine96821:
yea, well, I am not sure I have the stomach for it. It was brutal and I admit I could not watch the clubbing and dragging around with ice picks. I did not know the guys doing it were commercial fishermen. The karmic debt they incur on those clubbings has got to be profound....kind of ironic since there I am holding a dead creature. Some life forms are higher, I don't mind saying that. Can't prove it though.

catherine96821,

Nice looking "ono" you're holding there. Reminds me of some of the fish we caught the year I spent on Midway Island. And by the way, the "higher life form" holding that fish is "easy on the eyes" also :)

I'll bet that fish made for some fantastic filets.

Rickg

catherine96821:
The karmic debt they incur on those clubbings has got to be profound....

Pretty large as it happens, but then killing any creature capable of feeling pain is not exactly going to put you on the karmic success vector.

Of course if you've got a big reserve of positive stuff K, then you could start your own whalemeat sausage factory and still come out ahead. Unfortunately since we can't tell what our balance is, such actions strike me as foolhardy (aside from being cruel). :wink:

Back
Top Bottom