Most remote Dive Location??????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alemaozinho:
[COLOR=Blue]Where was your most remote dive Location/dive (excluded are all common locations advertised in mags)thanks :eyebrow:

Hi

Well remote in consideration of what factors? The North coast between Santa Barbra is remote in that you have to park your car so far from the actual dive site. Some times your even using ropes to get gear down to the beach. So remote needs to be prefeaced better.
Is a dive location remote just because only you and a boatload of divers went to a site limited to one boat per day.

Fatimah

Ever dive Alaska?

I used to dive a couple of volcanic lakes in Guatemala....

Fernando de Noronha... definitely on my list. But as for remote, I have a friend who dove Pitcairn Island (on the wreck of the HMS Bounty) and Easter Island among other remote sites.

Dr. Bill

Could a mod remove this thread from "DIR" trips? It has no business here.

jlyle:
Not generally known in American diving circles - Fernando de Norohna - an island about 300 miles out in the Atlantic off of Brazil.

Noronha is probably the most dived location in Brazil with at least 9 dive boats working constantly. That can't count as remote.

For me remote is when you have to take all your own gear, drive at least a couple of hundred km, find a fishing boat willing to take you because there are no marinas or dive boats or operators within at least 150km. And then you teach the captain what you expect from him.

Back
Top Bottom