Mounting a light to my OTS Guardian FFM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndrewB73

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm interested to see what others are using for a light while on a recovery. I am considering the Light&Motion Sola 800 or 1200 mounted to my mask. I'm also looking for a home made version of the rail system that's sold on the OTS website to mount the light. I have seen only one mounting (rail system) system and it's very expensive. As far as the light, not sure the 1200 is worth the extra $200 over the 800 model.

Give me your thoughts.

I am sure this is the system that you are talking about when you say $$$ I played with it last week and will tell you it is a very nice system and it a go pro system is like made to match it. although it is not given away
AGA Divator MK II S-Sun LED Light Kit Articulated Complete
Accessory rail system easily attaches to AGA Divator full face mask and makes it possible to mount various devices to the side of the mask. This version has the S-Sun LED Diver Headlight mounted to an articulated rail holder.
Includes one rail and one light. No tools needed.
Price: $295.00

We have that mounting set up on our AGAs.
The s-sun light works well but it is not that durable. When we were shopping for a new light, I did a comparison of the S-sun vs a couple of niteriders and a dive rite can light. The S-sun was the best in turbid water, it wasnt even close.
They cost about $50 each for just the light, so the the team bought spares.
The mount is a thing of beauty. You wont be able to make anything home made that works as well.
This is the site of the guy that makes it, Sam is his name, nice guy.
You can buy the guardian version straight from him with a universal slide for whatever light you want. $263.94, or with the S-sun for the same money.
Innovative Dive Equipment

I never tried the Light&Motion Solas, too much money.

Well guys, i've just figured a way to mount my Sola 1200 to my guardian using go pro parts and light and motion adapters. The problem with the rail system is that the light is mounted 90 degrees to the rail with no adjustment capability. With the system I've figured out you have 360 degree by a few degree mobility with the option of having the light at any distance from your head!!! When I get the parts, I will assemble and take pics. I also only spent 100.00 and probably could have gone cheaper but really liked the clamp that came with the go pro kit. I also see there is now an articulated mount for the rail. I believe my system to be much more durable....and having used my sola compared to other lights, well, you get what you pay for!!

Hey guys here's my setup..... _DSC0001.jpg_DSC0002.jpg_DSC0003.jpg_DSC0004.jpg_DSC0005.jpg_DSC0006.jpg_DSC0007.jpg_DSC0008.jpg_DSC0009.jpg

Pretty nifty. I didn't know there was a GoPro adapter like that. I put the head strap adapter on the top spider for my camera, but your way might be much better for lights.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

When I receive my parts, I will show how you can mount both the go pro, and the light together!!

I'll hold you to that promise!

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom