Mounting a Pony w/Transpac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spthomas:
Can the Ponease be mounted with the pony upside down and low on the tank? I saw a reference on their website to a nylon band around the primary tank valve, which makes me think it has to be upright.

Hard to say for sure, but I'm guessing the "band" that hangs around the primary valve is just an aid for mounting: to keep your hands free to position and clamp the ponease. I'm thinking that the ponease could be slipped under the primary tank bands without too much trouble without the additional strap, especially if the tank were lain on its side. But, it really is difficult to see how these various devices would work without hands-on trials!

As for stageing; just doesn't appeal to me, other than the obvious ease of setup. With my camera rig, a light, my sausage (safety, that is :wink: ) and, often, a reel, there's already a lot of stuff hanging off me. I'm diving solo these days, so I'm not concerned with being able to hand off the pony.

Regards,

Some thing like this...

http://www.leisurepro.com/Catalog.aspx?op=ItemDisplay&ProductID=AQEQRPB

might work.

half mount the tank in the transpac, using one of the cam straps, and the tank neck thing to get the height right.

Attach the base to the tank with the other one of the cam bands on the transpac.

then attach the pony, which is mounted on the other part.

repeatable, and probably allows the pony to be mounted either way up. I dont really like the spring loaded release though. If it wasnt protected it might release at the wrong time.

fwiw: i dont use a pony now, but am seriously considering adding one to my kit. I us a transpacII.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom